Golf Course Rules
Rules are set by staff to ensure a safe environment for our customers and staff. Our goal is to make your vist with us an enjoyable one. If clarification is needed regarding any policy, please ask a member of the management team for clarification.
Wood Dale Park District
Participant Code of Conduct
Wood Dale Park District promotes the concept of “equal fun for everyone.” No eligible participant shall, on the basis of race, sex, creed, national origin or disability be denied equal access to programs, activities, services or benefits, or be limited in the exercise of any right, privilege, advantage or opportunity.
Wood Dale Park District participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. The Park District’s behavior code has been developed for specific programs and athletic leagues as deemed necessary by staff.
- Show respect to all participants and staff, and take directions from staff.
- Refrain from using abusive or foul language.
- Refrain from causing bodily harm to self, other participants or staff.
- Show respect to equipment, supplies and facilities.
Participants who do not conform to these rules may be asked to leave park district facilities.
GENERAL RULES AND POLICIES
- Golfers under the age of six (6) years of age are prohibited from entering the playing area of the golf course as a player or a spectator.
- Golfers between the ages of six (6) and twelve (12) years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 yrs. or older) who is responsible for the child’s action.
- We are a soft spikes facility.
- Proper dress code required – shirts must be of full length (no cut offs) to belt line. Shirt for men must have sleeves at least 4″ in length.
- Each player is required to have at least four (4) clubs, a putter and a golf bag.
- Every person entering the golf course must purchase a greens fee ticket for 9 or 18 holes. (No spectators allowed)
- Eleven (11) stroke rule is in effect – eight (8) swings prior to reaching the green and whiffs count as a stroke and 3 putts on the green. (This will reduce slow play) One (1) ball per player.
- In accordance with local and state laws, all beverages purchased at the Salt Creek Golf Club Facility must be consumed in the Clubhouse or on Golf Course property. Beverages cannot be taken to the Top Golf Facility nor can beverages purchased at the Top Golf Facility be brought into the Clubhouse or on to the Golf Course property. Violators are subject to arrest.
- No coolers allowed on the premises unless approved by the management for medical reasons.
- Plant protectives are periodically applied to the course. Contact the Superintendent for further information.
- The starter shall regulate all pairings on the first tee (no fivesomes.)
- Storm warning – once you hear one (1) long blast, it is important that you seek shelter at the Clubhouse only – shelters or trees are dangerous areas during a storm. Once you hear three (3) short blast, that is an all clear to continue play were play was suspended.
- Out of bounds — white stakes, fence on Blue holes 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 and driving range.
- All customers are responsible for self inflicted injury, private property damage, bodily damage, golf carts and/or any damages to equipment or property owned or leased by the Wood Dale Park District. All customers will be responsible for any attorney fees required for Park District representation.
- Yardages are measured from back of tee to center of green.
- Rangers are available to advise and assist you, they also have full authority to enforce rules.
- Any ball striking the tower or power lines may be replayed without penalty, but once you play another ball that is the ball in play.
- Do not enter any area marked restricted or under repair.
- The golf course is open if conditions permit. Please call first to check course status.
- Motor Cart Requirements: All renters must be 18 years or older and supply a valid driver’ license.
These are just some of the main Salt Creek Policies. Again, if you have any questions or need further information, please do not hesitate to ask someone from the staff for clarification.